Updated December 2018
Letter From Editor
Welcome to our websites.
1) Our goal – to provide a source of places for you to explore. We have separated our content into two websites “Special Places to See” and “USA Uncovered.” We love exploring history and architecture. We offer you sample of the unique “special” places along with historical data and pictures. Our hope is for you to explore them yourselves.
2. Special Places to See website – A compilation of aggregated information of public art, museums, historical houses, landmarks and parks (by neighborhood) for New York City and Long Island.
– Another element is an international blog. We plan to discuss our experience outside of the United States. In the international blogs, we focus on the people we’ve met, museums we’ve visited, the restaurants we’ve enjoyed. We hope that you will join us to discover interesting places.
3. USA Uncovered website information
– is our conversation about the places we’ve visited in the United States. We have explored many states these past years over the years and we will tell you about our experiences in each place.
4. Events & Tours listed on
– Events section of both websites;
– MeetUp.com — NYC/NJ Walks: Explore Architecture, Art, History & Nature
– Facebook.com/usauncovered – Events
5. Special Tours & Groups Tours
– Special tours for groups are available
– Theme tours, such as Speakeasy tours, Hamilton tours, Women’s Mile, etc.
6. Features on both websites & Social Media:
– More pictures
– A bi-monthly blog
– Guest writers
7. 2019 plans:
– A Trivia contest
– More videos
-. Tours of interesting places
– Photo e-book from international sites
8. Blog requirements:
-. Open to the public
– To enhance our knowledge of the past and the people who have made an impact on the present.
– Landmarked buildings or historical in nature
– Not-for-profit organizations
9. Charitable Contributions
– 10% of the net yearly organizer fee collected to be contributed to a non-profit-organizations for museums, preservations, etc.
We are cultural preservationists and we hope you too will become one as well. We invite you to discover history through museums, sculptures and historical locations.
Special Places to See and USA Uncovered: Exploring Hidden Cultural Jewels